Chicken Parmesan Grilled Cheese

I have to say that I make a mean Chicken Parmesan. So when I came across this recipe I was super excited to give it a whirl. Instead of using her recipe for tomato sauce, I used my own, which I'll include below, but you can use whichever you prefer. I think making this a melt turns it into the perfect meal for lunch.

My Tomato Sauce:
2 (28 oz) cans peeled plum shaped tomatos in tomato juice (I use Tuttorosso)
2 (6 oz) cans tomato paste (I use Cento)
1/2 onion finely chopped
5 cloves garlic finely chopped
2 handfuls of salt
1 handful parmesan cheese
1 handful fresh basil
5-6 cups of water

Directions:
Brown onions and garlic in a pan with olive oil. Pour into a pot over low-medium heat.  Liquify the peeled plum shaped tomatoes in a blender then pour in pot with onions and garlic. Add cans of tomato paste to sauce and stir until well mixed. Add water. Mix well. Add dry ingredients (salt, parmesan cheese, basil) and stir. Leave on the stove for about a half hour at medium heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce to low heat and cook for 2-3 hours. I like to leave it on for as long as possible because the longer it cooks the better it tastes! (This recipe makes more than enough for chicken parmesan so you can save this and use it for pasta and other dishes!) 

*The rest of this recipe is found on E is for Eat and makes 1 Chicken Parmesan Grilled Cheese

0 comments:

Post a Comment

« »

Followers

sam in the city All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger

 
Site Meter