Chocolate Chip Cookies

About a week ago, my dad bought me a belated birthday gift. A kitchen-aid mixer. I've been dying to use it and tried to think of what I wanted to bake first. I decided on classic chocolate chip cookies because they're easy and I feel like you can't mess them up. This is only the second time I'd ever baked something from scratch. (The first thing was these chocolate cupcakes.) So yesterday afternoon I whipped out my Magnolia Bakery Cookbook and made them. A couple of them came out a little disfigured from the way I put them on the baking sheet but still tasted extremely delicious. I used this recipe...

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips.

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside. In a large bowl, cream the butter with the sugars until smooth. Add the egg and vanilla and mix well. Add the flour mixture and beat thoroughly. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly golden brown. 






0 comments:

Post a Comment

« »

Followers

sam in the city All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger

 
Site Meter