Caramel Brownie Cheesecake

Over the weekend I made my first ever cheesecake. The task seemed a little daunting at first but my mother assured me she'd made cheesecake before and it wasn't that hard. I have to say that I am very good at following recipes so that gave me a tiny boost of confidence. I chose to make a caramel brownie cheesecake. I used this recipe and it came out amazing. I was very happy with the way it turned out. Now I have to figure out what I want to try next.

Crust:
12 graham crackers
6 tablespoons of butter

Filling:
2 cups of leftover brownie crumbles
1/3 cup of caramel sauce

4 blocks of 8 oz. cream cheese
1 1/2 cups of sugar
4 eggs
1/4 cups of sour cream
1 1/2 cups of vanilla

Directions:
Prepare the crust by breaking the graham crackers into crumbs by hand or in a food processor.  Melt butter and stir into graham crumbles with a fork.  Pack the mixture into a springform pan packing half way up the sides.  Bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes.

For the filling, in a mixer, whip together cream cheese and sugar.  Add eggs, sour cream and vanilla.

Crumble the brownies into the cooked crust, then drizzle with the caramel sauce.  Pour cream cheese filling over the brownies and caramel.

Bake at 450 for 20 minutes, then lower oven to 250 and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes.  Allow to sit at room temperature for 1-2 hours, then wrap and refrigerate for 4 hours - overnight.


Photos: 1

1 comments:

  1. Omg I've been looking for a good cheesecake recipe!! Soo stoked, I'm going to try and make this over the next few days!! I'll let you know how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete

« »

Followers

sam in the city All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger

 
Site Meter