Giant Cookie Cake

Everyone knows I'm all about baking. I can cook a meal if I really put my mind to it but cooking for me takes serious effort. Baking on the other hand, is easy and fun and desserts are so much better than real food. So this is my next baking project. Giant Cookie Cake. (I realize the small sliver shown in this picture does not look very "giant" but I assure you the actually cake is large.) I got the recipe from Martha Stewart.
Ingredients:
4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
2 large eggs, plus 2 egg yolks
3/4 cup heavy cream
3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
40 ounces cream cheese
1/2 cup confectioners' sugar

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Whisk flour, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Put butter, brown sugar and granulated sugars into mixer bowl; mix on medium until pale and fluffy. Mix in vanilla, eggs and yolks. Reduce speed to low. Add flour mixture in 2 batches, alternating with the cream. Stir in chocolate chips.

For each of the 5 layers, drop 1 level cup batter onto center of baking shit lined with parchment. Using a small spatula, spread into an 8-inch cirlce. Bake until edges are pale golden brown (about 12 minutes). Remove from oven. Use spatula to reshape circle. Return to oven; bake until edges are golden brown (8-10 minutes). Let Cool.

Mix cream cheese and confectioners' sugar in clean mixer bowl on medium-high speed until pale and fluffy. Spread onto 4 cookies. stack cookies, placing unfrosted cookie on top. Refrigerate until frosting is set

1 comments:

« »

Followers

sam in the city All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger

 
Site Meter